Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snicker Doodle Muffins

I found these on a website that I have no idea how to get back to. Good thing I printed the recipe, because they are tasty.


2 sticks butter
1 C Sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cream of tarter
3/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 & 1/4 C sour cream
2 & 1/4 C all purpose flour
1 C sugar and 2 Tbsp cinnamon mixed together for rolling
Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time, mix until each is incorporated.
In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cream of tarter.
Add the flour mixture and sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon and sugar. Place muffin into a greased muffin tin. Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 12 to 14 muffins. Bake them for approx. 20-22 minutes in a 350F oven or until they are golden brown.
When I make these I don't use the nutmeg, and I have never used the full amount of sour cream. I have used anywhere from 1/2 cup to 1 cup, just because that was all I had, and they still tasted good.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment