Sunday, March 29, 2009

Seafood Medley

This is a recipe that my husband actually found in one of my various cookbooks. After several attempts, deleting some of the ingredients, I have finally settled on a variation that my very picky daughter will eat. I don't follow the recipe exactly, so I'm going to give it to you the way we eat it. That isn't really it's name, that is just what my daughter decided we should call it.

1 T vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
1 T flour
1 can (16 oz) whole tomatoes undrained
1 pkg (10) oz frozen cut okra, thawed
6 oz shrimp (recipe in the book says cooked, I use raw, if frozen thaw)
6 oz crabmeat (I have only used imitation, but recipe states real crab, if frozen thaw)

Put oil in skillet, add okra, we like the okra cooked a little longer than the recipe states, so I cook it till it's soft, but not brown. While the okra is cooking I put in the garlic. After this add the flour and tomatoes, break up tomatoes. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, just as mixture begins to thicken, add shrimp and crabmeat. Cook till shrimp is pink, by then the crab has warmed through. Recipe calls to put it over noodles, my girls prefer steamed rice.

I gave you the weights on the seafood that the recipe states, I just put in as much as I need to feed my family of 4. You could put diced onions in it if you wanted, I don't if I'm feeding my oldest.

No comments:

Post a Comment